What is counselling?
Counselling can give you a safe place for you to be listened too and understood. You can open up about your emotions and feelings to someone, who is not connected to the different areas of your life.
As a person-centred counsellor, I am there to listen to you, to understand how you are experiencing your life at this challenging time. This gives you the opportunity and space to work through whatever it is that you are seeking to understand or accept. I will support you but not tell you what to do, as I trust that you will find the best solution for you.
The Counselling process is different for everyone, so it can be helpful to keep a journal as the impact of the session doesn’t only happen in the room.
What to expect?
I offer counselling in the following ways –
- Face to face, in a central location in Inverness.
- Online using Zoom
- Or by telephone
Each session lasts up to 55 minutes. The frequency of the sessions are flexible, initially you may find weekly sessions are helpful, but we can be flexible around your needs.
Counselling can be difficult at times, be prepared to stick with it and I promise to be with you whilst you work through the difficult times.
What is expected of you?
- Please be punctual for your appointments
- Please inform me if you need to cancel an appointment, 48 hrs notice is required or the full fee is payable
- Switch off your mobile during sessions
- Be aware of your surroundings if you opt for telephone or online counselling. Try to ensure you are in a space where you can talk freely and safely.
What else do you need to know?
Limits to confidentiality
- If I think you may cause harm to yourself or others
- Child Protection and Vulnerable Persons Act
- Acts of Terrorism or Serious Acts of Crime
I am a registered member of both the National Counselling Society (www.nationalcounsellingsociety.org) and British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (www.BACP.co.uk ) and I work to their Code of Ethical Practice. This requires me to attend regular supervision to ensure that I provide the best service that I can.
“The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change.”Carl Rogers